Monday 20 June 2016

Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 9 : Battle of Bastards | Thoughts & Spoilers

JON BLOODY SNOW ! MY HERO !!!

Hello humans of the world,

If you do not watch Game of Thrones, then please go live under a rock.

Today's episode was MASSIVE ! It made up for the last two somewhat boring episodes..
I assume those were something along the lines of  ' the calm before the storm' type of thing. And it really was !!

That Battle scene.. bloody hell.

Awestruck. It was amazeballs.


My love and admiration for Jon has grown to another level. That character never fails - he fights white walkers, he cheated death and even earned the wildlings' respect. He did show some nuance of hopelessness in the episode though.. first when all those horses were running towards him and second when he was being crushed. Yet he kept going on.
When he attacked Ramsay... I'm sure like me, most of you heaved a sigh of relief and were like : IN YOUR FACE MOTHERF**** !!!

Also, How gentlemanly is Jon? My heart melted a little when he asked Melissandre : 'Any advice?'
He has so much experience, yet how courteous of him <3

Additionally I wanted to punch him in the face when he asked her.. nope, ordered her not to revive him.
The grandeur of that battle scene was epic. It was filmed  on a huge scale and you could feel it was gigantic while watching. I wonder how that episode would have felt if I could watch it in a theatre. Better even in 3D !

And can we take a moment to swoon over the Knights of The Vale????? I have been waiting to see them in action ( even if it was not much). I just love the sound of KNIGHTS OF THE VALE. I used to love it when Lysa Arryn used to say that XD

New found respect for Davos! He is a sensible chap that one.
I can totally feel the tension mounting because he found the remains of Lady Shireen's pyre thing? and that little stag she used to carry around.
I wonder what this reveleation would mean for that Melissandre. I am grateful to her for Jon Snow's life but aside from that, me not very fond of her.

On a lighter note, I totally loved the conversation Davos had with the wildling :p

"Happy Shitting" - Tormund should have wished that to Ramsay before Jon smashed his face into a pulp.

Anyway Bolton : GONE !

Sansa for once used her brain cells and did not let the man control her life. Hopefully she is a wiser woman now - better be ! It would have been really shit had she not done what she did in the episode. I love how she did not get her hands dirty...someone else, say Arya might have demanded to kill Ramsay with her own hands. Sansa used Ramsay's ways itself. Thumbs up for that ! I have greater expectations from Sansa now. Though, I have watched the preview for next week's finale... that conversation with Baelish does not seem good.

Now that the Direwolf banner is back onto Winterfell, I am eagerly awaiting Arya's return.
Also, from the preview, is Jon the Lord of Winterfell & Warden of the North now?

Please do check out the making of this scene :

Mother of Dragons

Daenerys Targaryan never fails to impress.

I seriously hope that she and Jon Snow are somehow related. They both have shown incredible qualities and consistent growth.

Drogon is HOT btw! Pun intended :p The scene where the dragons destroyed pretty much everything did not surprise me because by now, that is the kind of reaction you really expect from Dany. Or maybe the battle scene was too much too handle, hence I could not salivate on this particular scene xD

Can we pause and take a moment to talk about the flirty conversation between Asha and Dany? LOVE LOVE LOVE !!! We already know that Asha likes girls.. it would be wonderful to see Dany step into foreign waters xD
Tyrion as always, uses his words as weapons. I miss Varys ! I wonder what mission he is on.

Anyhow, Game of Thrones <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Leaves me speechless ! Today's episode met the usual standards. Can't wait for next week !! If you haven't watched next week's preview, there you go :


On that note, penning off,
BusLady





No comments:

Post a Comment