Friday 10 June 2016

My Top 10 Favourite Bollywood Movies

Hello Humans !!

If you have read my previous posts (which you probably have not since I am still very new to blogging), then you may already know that I am Mauritian and all Mauritians are very much exposed to Bollywood. Nope, i do not care if you hate it or not. I believe it takes imagination and a strong mind to love Bollywood, it is not everyone's cup of tea.
Anyway, maybe it is because most Mauritians have an Indian origin or I don't know. maybe it is cheaper to import Bollywood movies or whatever..I do not know. Though i can surely say, 90% of the population has heard of Bollywood movies :p 

So, that was a crap introduction to the top 12 Bollywood movies I have loved in my lifetime so far - and i am not that old,I'm not even 25 yet. So here goes : 

1. Kabhie Khushi Kabhi Gham 

No movie beats this one. Like, Karan Johar is a magical filmmaker and according to me this movie is a milestone.
"It's all about loving your family," it absolutely is. I love family dramas (maybe because i come from a dysfunctional family :p). Movies like these really make you feel good when they'e over. Love and drama are the main themes and the performances are impeccable - it almost feels poetic the first time you watch it.
Plus, there is King Khan and the legendary Mr. Bachchan in it - you cannot really go wrong with a cast like this.
I have watched this one over a thousand times - ever since I was a kid and i NEVER get bored. I know it by heart. Can even tell you about the props and everything in each scene. WATCH IT if you have not.




2. Bajirao Mastani

Magical is the word I would use to describe the movie !! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE !

Every frame is perfection - it is a delight to the eyes.

Ranveer Singh, Priyanka Chopra & Deepika Padukone, all excel beautifully in their acting. The movie does get heavy but never boring. It is not something i would watch very often but once in a while you need this in your life - especially Bollywood lovers.

After Black, this is probably Mr. Bhansali's best work. The music is grand and majestic, totally in line with the movie.

P.s : totally TEAM KASHI!!!



3. 3 Idiots 

Every student will relate. This movie is for every one - parents, youngsters, oldies. It gives perspective, especially to people who really need to broaden their horizons :p

There is no stigma in following your dreams, even if they might not suit your parents or society.
 It is a lovely movie. Gives a deep message in a fun, light hearted way.




4. Barfi!

This movie is so cute  <3

Priyanka Chopra definitely steals the thunder, playing Jhilmil, an autistic girl.

Essentially it is the lovestory between Jhilmhil and Barfi, who is deaf & mute.



5. Kapoor & Sons

The trailer does not give away much of the movie. The plot is deeper than what it seems and saying anything about it will ruin the experience. All i gotta say is watch the movie with an open mind and let yourself get immersed. Youngsters who face a lot of opposition from the parents and elders in desperate attempts to be themselves will definitely relate. I adored this movie <3

4 stars easily !!





6. Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara

After watching ZNMD, you will definitely want to go on a trip with your friends. They say friends are the family you choose and I think this movie embraces that. The essence of friendship and how therapeutic it can be to just go away with your bffs.
I regret not watching this movie at the cinema, but totally loved it !



7. Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani

Adventure and living life to the fullest - everyone's secret dream; this movie kind of shows you that through Bunny's character. One of the best movies I have ever seen and you kind of feel the ecstasy of Bunny - that's how well Ranbir Kapoor acts !!

Totally love Ayan Mukherji's movie making - style (If that's a thing xp)

FUN FUN FUN !!


8. Dilwale Dulhania Lejayenge

OF COURSE !! There is a reason why this movie still plays in India. Historic.
I do not have much to day about it except, that I was lovestruck by SRK & Kajol :p
It would be a sin not to have watched this one.



9. Bajrangi Bhai Jaan

One of the best works of Salman Khan. I was reluctant to watch it at first but eventually it made it to my favourite movies  so it was definitely worth it. you still get that Salman Khan theme despite the movie having a deep plot. I wish Kareena had more screen space though.

5 stars easily this one.


10. Hum Saath Saath Hai


The family vibe is what's most interesting really. People who love family drama, this one is for you. It also reminds me of when I was a kid and I used to go to my grand parents' place. The whole family would gather and it would be a blast. Technology was not so widespread at that time and well, this movie really brings me back to my childhood. If you like movies like Vivah & Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, this one has the same theme. It is a bit too long, LOVE IT nonetheless ! 



Penning off,
BusLady


No comments:

Post a Comment