Tuesday 7 June 2016

Islander

Hello Humans of the world !!

I hope whoever reading this (if anyone is actually reading) is having a good day and if you are not, well hang in there. So, in my first blog post I forgot to mention that I actually live on an island, and many call it Paradise Island.
It is very shameful that I rarely go to the beach even though I absolutely love it. Most of the beaches are so beautiful that you actually feel like you are in paradise. There is nothing more soothing than lying on the white sand and gazing at the horizon, where it is amazing to see the pale blue water meet the azure blue sky. Do not get me started on the sunrise/sunsets, it feels like you are in some other medium altogether. It is very hard to explain the healing power that such beauty possesses unless you have experienced it yourself. Photographs can only convey a fragment.

I wish I could go to the beach every week or live by the sea. I feel like tourists visit the beaches more often than I do, not a fact to be proud of.  Anyhow, I am actually Mauritian and below are very few pictures that I have taken over different occasions. Well, I selected some of the decent ones and there are not very many I'am afraid (Disclaimer : I am not a photographer so excuse the quality).

These do not give you an idea of how much I miss out on despite being very close to the sea, so please google Mauritius. I promise you will be mind blown. There are so many places left to be explored and I have made a decision to try and visit as much as I can this year. One of my many dreams is that I get to go abroad some day, but until then, I might as well get to know more of my own country. I will try blogging more about it as I believe there are not enough posts to flatter Mauritius on the internet. I will also make it a duty to take more decent pictures as well :p


This is a sneak peak of Ile aux Aigrettes, a small islet in the SE of Mauritius. There will be another post about the islet so stay tuned if you would like to see more. 

There are many nature reserves and other beautiful locations as well. More blog posts in the future.

This post is not much but I really wanted to write it. There will be more coming up in the near future so keep an eye out.

Penning off,
BusLady

No comments:

Post a Comment