Sunday 5 June 2016

My favourite teenage must-read books :)


1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephan Chbosky

This one is my favourite of them all. It is about a teenage boy named Charlie who does not fit in the usual crowds at high school and does not have many friends. He writes letters to this fictional pen friend and seems to share a deep bond with his late Aunt Helen. The plot becomes more intense as you read further. I read that book in 2 hours because i loved it so much. I think every teenager should read it because you can identify yourself with one of the many characters in the books - be it the sister with an abusive boyfriend, the sports jock brother or the various others. My favourite line from the book is where Bill says to Charlie "we accept the love we think we deserve," which can be said to illustrate the theme of the book. Even in real life, don't we all accept the love that we think we deserve? That is probably why we stick to the people around us even if we do not necessarily like them or like the way they behave or treat us. Love is something that all humans crave for even if none of us will admit it. 

2. Revenge wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger

The sequel to 'The Devil Wears Prada' is for those who did not get enough and want to know more about Andy and Miranda's weird relationship. Personally i do not like Andy :p I much prefer Miranda and Emily. The book is not as good as the first one but it does quench that feeling of wanting more of these characters. It does not really fit into the 'teenage books' category but whatever :p 

3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Beautiful is the word i would use to describe this story. It is simple and not very complicated. However, the depth of each character is what makes this book so special. No wonder they made a movie about it. I like the movie but i adore the book. Anyhow, i always prefer books to movies because you get to read all the tiny details plus, an insight into the characters' minds. 
Hazel and Augustus both suffer from cancer. When I began reading, i thought i already knew what would happen in the end, BUT John Green took my breath away. You will not expect what happens in the end ( unless you've watched the movie before reading the book xp).

4. Girl Online by Zoe Sugg

To be very honest, i bought the book out of sheer curiosity - how would a YouTube-r write a book which is not a biography or anything related to her. I was amazed by the results and it is what gave me the 'courage' to start a blog. I love the book because I have a lot in common with the main character, Penny. She suffers from anxiety and moves away to New York, meets a handsome guy , falls in love and well the story unfolds there on. Internet people, this one is a must read. I have not read Girl Online on Tour yet but I shall very soon. 

5. Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

Every teenage girl who adores shopping will understand the predicaments of Becky ! How much clothes/stuff can you buy with limited pocket money huh? :p Becky is not a teenager but her actions definitely resonate with one. I did not read the sequels but i really liked this one. I had read it before the movie came out but after that, I did not really feel like keeping up with the other books. 



No comments:

Post a Comment