Thursday 23 June 2016

Skin care tips for the Winter | My top essential products for glorious skin during Winter | Affordable products

Hello Blogging World !

It is winter here in Mauritius. It sounds funny saying that because a few years back, winter was not really winter like.. It was more of a cool summer really (still is in certain places around the island). However, we all know about climate change..so xp

Anyhow, my skin has never gone through so much trouble before because of the seasons. Also, I live on the Central Plateau - so the temperature is cooler and well, my skin suffers. I had to come up with some tricks so that I would not be peeling off, or looking like Jorah from Game of Thrones (someone told me the skin of my hand was beginning to look like that -.-).

So this post is going to be about some affordable products and few tips.


1. First and foremost, use a moisturising formula for your shower gel. 

Very important. And yeah, avoid soap unless it is a special kind of soap that will not damage your skin.

2. Water

I know it's cold and you don't feel thirsty but getting those 2 L of water will keep your skin hydrated. Added bonus : you will cleanse your body as well :p

3. Face moisturiser 

It is imperative that you apply moisturiser regularly, at least once a day. If you are one of those people that have perfect skin, then i hate you, get out ! XD
My skin starts peeling off when I don't use anything on it for a few days so moisturiser daily is a must. Screw climate change for these low temperatures. I live on a bloody island. Should be summer..all the time.



I use the Bioderma Sensibio Rich during winter ( in the summer I use another formula). It is really light on the skin and works wonders. If you didnt know already, I am a fan of Bioderma products :p This is probably the most expensive product but absolutely worth it especially when it comes to the face.

4. Hand creams | ESSENTIAL

Since I am not really a fan of moisturisers and I use them against my will, I tend to use products that will not feel heavy on the skin. So far, the only hand creams I could bear to use are those of Nivea. Plus they smell good <3
I usually have one in my handbag and one at home. You can totally tell from the pictures which one stays in my bag XD



5. Vaseline - Oldie but Goodie

Good old Vaseline  - always works. You can apply it anywhere really. I do not like the feeling of Vaseline on my skin but recently it has become a must. It acts like a quick fix because it really does help heal skin. Also, it is not that expensive. At times when my lips are extremely chapped, i apply Vaseline, after 15 minutes I'm good to go ! This thing works despite the ugly taste ! Long ago the smell was intolerable but it fairly okay now.

Also, how cute is the new packaging? I'm totally in love with it.


6. BABY OIL

Ever wondered why babies have soft skin?
Because thy have people rubbing them with oils ever since they are born ( especially in Mauritius..that tradition where an old lady comes and heats the oil and massages the baby..no idea what you call that ritual).
So keep up the tradition and apply oil to your skin.. of course you have to apply it at reasonable times of the day. Before going to bed for example. It can be used as an alternative to moisturiser.

7. Lip balm

Crucial, especially when you are out and about. Nothing is more disgusting than chapped lips. I hate the feeling of cracked lips. I also hate the feeling of lip care but i'd rather apply it. 

I usually use Babylips from Maybelline. 

8. Regular Body Moisturiser 

Well everyone uses basic moisturiser. I use Nivea..again light on the skin and not sticky. 


9. Do not get out of the house 

Really..stay in bed, all comfy :3

Anyway hope that helps.

Good bye,
BusLady




No comments:

Post a Comment