Sunday 26 June 2016

La Margarita Hotel - Mauritius | Day Package via Marideal.mu | Review

Hello Humans of the globe !!

How's life? Hope all's good and fantabulous :)

So recently, I went to spend the day at La Margarita Hotel found at Pointe aux Piments through Marideal.mu : http://marideal.mu/margarita-hotel-day-use-room.html

Of course, like everyone these days, I googled the place and wanted to read a few reviews before going in. However, I could barely find any that were elaborate. So I decided to write a blog post so that it may be of some help to other Mauritians or tourists that are interested.

First of all, if you are going by the bus you should go to 'La Gare du Nord' in Port Louis and take the bus to Pointe aux Piments. It may sound obvious but I am sure a lot of people would not know that :p
I suggest going by car or a taxi because it is a really long trip, can get very tiring and annoying as well since the busses are not exactly comfortable.
Second, you cannot go in expecting a 5 star hotel.

It is a small hotel, perfect for getaways especially if you want to disconnect yourself from daily life and routine. I liked the fact that it was very private and remote. If you would like to spend some quality time with someone, this place is a good option.



The day package costs Rs 900 for one person, and it is a very reasonable price for what you get.

Upon arrival, the staff greeted us very politely. After the formalities, a cocktail was served - as promised by the day package.


Welcome cocktail :



Afterwards, we were taken to the room, and given a little tour.

The room : 



Overall the room is quite nice.

There is a television with local channels - definitely not something I would go for if I were to stay there for a few days. There was plenty of storage - too much I would say. The cupboard was really big and took up a lot of space. There was no duvet - only a quilt folded in the cupboard. To be very honest, I was disgusted by the quilt - would not even touch it, let alone cover myself with it to sleep. The hotel could really invest in duvets. The bed was really comfortable though.
I forgot to take a picture of the bathroom, but it was okay. The toilet seat was somewhat yellow - not because it was dirty, but I think it was old.
There was no mini fridge nor any mini bar in the room, just fyi.

View from the room : 



I did miss a beach view :( Not to worry though, the beach is quite close to the hotel. I'd say a five minute walk maximum.

Lunch (Salmi de Poulet) : 


The staff had asked around what time we would like to have our lunch upon arrival.

Everything was ready when we went down to eat and I loved that. I absolutely hate waiting for food in restaurants etc, I am glad I did not have to.

I was so famished I forgot to take a picture before eating. I will insert one that I took after I had begun to eat, sorry in advance if it's not very good looking.

The lunch did not include drinks - I wish it did. Even water would be nice but we were not offered anything. The menu had prices excluding vat, which was annoying because you really do not feel like doing the maths in order to know how much you are going to pay for drinks when you are out there to have a good time.
The food menu was quite limited as well. The food was really yummy though. Quality was good (y)

One thing that really bug me was the cutlery - I was not sure it was 100% clean. I found a layer of dust on the spoon, which means that it was not changed for a while. The napkins were really old, rusty I would say. Even the table cloth was old.

Deserts : 




Deserts were okay. As i mentioned earlier, for the price paid, you cannot expect fancy schmancy stuff :p

Another thing I did not quite appreciate was the fact that we were not given another set of spoons for desert. Like, what was I supposed to eat my ice cream with? The dust layered tablespoon? I am not sure you eat desert with a table spoon either.

Also, There was an empty beer glass that was not taken away, nor was the chilli pickle before they served us desert.

It made me realise that the staff probably do not have any formal kind of training.

They  were extremely polite and sweet, no doubt about that. Certain fundamentals missing though. There is considerable room for improvement.





The Restaurant : 


 The Bar area : 

There is a pool table next to the bar - I forgot to take a picture.
We did not have anything from the bar so no idea about the drinks menu.


The entrance : 




I had a really nice day at La Margarita Hotel, mostly because I was in extremely good company :)

The place may not be huge but it is worth a try.

If you are a tourist coming to Mauritius to explore the island, looking for a place to crash at night - then La Margarita is a perfect choice. If you want a beach view, and are coming only for the white sand, azure blue sky, paradise island feeling, then it is not the place for you.

If you are on a tight budget and would like to treat yourself to a holiday, then definitely try this one.

Anyhow, I really hope this post was helpful to anyone out there.

Gotta run,
BusLady



No comments:

Post a Comment